Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Silent night, holy night

I need to write something! Its quite late in the night, soft snores in the air as my child sleeps on, a baby's sleep unmindful of the world, getting up to a new tomorrow.
That time of the day when my world is at peace and my mind is on an over drive. I need to write, i need to read, complete odd jobs around the house and most importantly catch up on some sleep.
A soft cry and a happy laugh emanates from the cot, my child is having her share of dreams, that magical world wherein lives our childhood. I pause to smile and feel a wave of love towards that little being struggling to understand her world.
Some more mumbles and a cry, i do have to get up to pat her back to the peaceful slumber she needs, memories of the day floods her dream world as she passes through the restless phase.
Quiet world, peaceful night, as the curtain drops for the moment.
Tomorrow is a new day which comes with its share of happy laughter and trials and tribulations and who knows what else.Today is perfect, as my child sleeps on , a comforting picture, a snapshot of innocence and i am at peace, today there is nothing wrong with the world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lovely, continue writing